Roval CLX 50 – Rear
Roval CLX 50 – 后轮
Part No.: 30017-8202
We deliver! Just say when and how.
Roval CLX 50 – Rear
First came our CLX 64. Then the 32s. And after racking up multiple wins in Grand Tours, Worlds, and everything in between, we knew that our best bet was to take the line to new heights, or well, new depths. We needed to design one wheel that was a true quiver killer. One wheel that had all the aerodynamic benefits of the 64 in a package that climbed like the 32, and that’s where the all-new CLX 50 comes in.
When we set out to create the CLX 50, we had clear goals in mind—create wheels that are 48 to 54mm deep, aerodynamically optimized, ultra-wide, and under 1400 grams. This meant that they'd have to borrow some weight savings techniques that we developed for the CLX 32, while taking some aero guidance from the CLX 64, if we were going to create what we like to call “the unicorn wheel."
Even though the CLX 50 is similar in weight to many wheels in the “lightweight” category, aerodynamics came at the forefront of the development. With this, we jumped headlong into Computational Fluid Dynamics computer modeling to arrive at various rim shapes that could make the CLX 50 as fast and light as possible. It took a while, but we narrowed the rim shape down to three contenders that were then CNC machined into rims, built into wheels, and put into the Win Tunnel.In the tunnel, we tested every wheel, ours and the competition's, with a 24C tire (measuring 26C), as tires can drastically affect testing. We chose a modern-width tire to design our rims around, because they not only allow for less tire pressure (which results in more comfort and less rolling resistance) but are also just as aerodynamically efficient when paired with the correct rim width.
After finding the optimized rim shape that supported our svelte weight requirements, we opted to lace the rims, via 21 DT Swiss Aerolite spokes, to our Aero Flange (AF) hub with the legendary CeramicSpeed bearings and DT 240 hub internals. And when it was time for final testing validation, we were left with a 50mm-deep, 770-gram clincher wheelset that's not only ~200 grams lighter than the competition’s similar depth wheel, but is also measurably faster in every conceivable test than each wheel in its category.
- Rim: CLX 50 Carbon Clincher,700c, Rim Brake, Tubeless Compatible
- Rim Details: 50mm Depth, 29.4mm External Width, 20.7mm Internal Width
- Hub: Roval AF01, DT Swiss 240 Star Ratchet internals , 100x5mm & 130x5mm qr compatible, (Convertible freehub )
- Bearing Type: Ceramic Speed
- Spokes: DT Swiss Aerolite T-head, F: Radial 16 count, L: 256mm, R: Radial/Two-cross (2:1) 21 count, L: DS 249mm NDS 256mm
- Nipple: DT Swiss Hex Prolock Al 2.0x14mm
- Tire Size: 22mm - 38mm; Max Pressure: 130 psi
- Weight: Wheelset 1377g, Front 607g, Rear 770g
- Assembly Method: Hand built at every step; from rim layup to the last nipple turn.
- System Weight Limit: 240lbs / 109kg; Extras: Roval padded wheelbag, Roval steel quick-release, Roval tubeless valve, SwissStop Black Prince brake pads
我们首先推出了CLX 64，然后是32。在获得了多次大环赛和世锦赛，以及其他重要赛事的胜利之后，我们觉得应该把产品先推上新的高度。我们需要设计一款轮组，一个真正的大杀器。一款拥有64的空气动力学优势，爬坡表现又能够像32那样的轮组。这就是我们全新的CLX 50。
当我们设计CLX 50的时候，我们有明确的目标——轮组大约48-54毫米的框高，空气动力学优化，宽圈，低于1400克。这意味着它需要从我们研发CLX 32的经验中吸取一些减重技巧，并且从CLX 64那里获得空气动力学方向，与此同时保持我们所喜爱的碟刹的优势，这样才能够将我们所创造的称为“独角兽轮组”。
即使CLX 50与很多被归为“轻量化”轮组相近的重量，空气动力学依然是研发时的重点。因此我们采用了流体力学计算，在电脑中模拟多种车圈形状，让CLX 50更轻更快。这花费了不少时间，但是我们将车圈造型筛选到只剩三款，并且CNC切削出车圈来，编好轮组，放进了我们的风洞。
在找到符合我们严苛重量要求的车圈造型之后，我们选择将它通过21根DT Swiss Aerolite辐条与我们的Aero Flange（AF）花鼓相连，它采用了传奇的CeramicSpeed培林和DT Swiss 240花鼓内件。最后，它成为了一款50毫米框高，770克的开口后轮。它不仅比市面上其他类似框高的轮组轻了差不多200克，并且在我们对同级轮组的风洞测试中也优势明显。
- 轮圈：2Bliss Ready准真空碳纤维开口圈
- 前轮辐条编法：直拉/双交叉 (2:1)
- 辐条数量： 21
- 辐条类型：DT Swiss Aerolite T头
- 条帽类型：DT Swiss Pro Lock六角头